Bagger the Second.

The jumbled box of bits below is on its way to becoming a model of a Fuchs Bagger.

Why another one? Because the beautiful Busch green one is a model of a DDR version, whereas this was built in the West, and so is probably more appropriate for Schinkendorf.

If I don't get it finished for when it's needed, the green one will be deemed to have been imported from the DDR and used anyway.

I bought this rather nice Kibri kit from Paul B. quite a few years ago, so it's high time I built it. The mouldings, particularly the lattice work boom, are lovely. So far, I've assembled the carriage and wheels as well as a few other bits, as you'd expect from Kibri it's going together very nicely. 



Comments

  1. It's a lovely kit, but being HO I decided that it was just too small to look right against 4mm scale stock. I wanted to build a scrapyard scene and I hoped the bagger with its grab would be suitable for loading/unloading 16t minerals pushed around with a kitbuilt 48DS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both it and the RTP Busch bagger I've got would look quite dainty next to 4mm stock, etc. I have lost impetus on the build somewhat, had hoped to get it finished ready for the French Railways Society Summer Rendezvous last Sunday, but ended up taking the Busch model instead. I don't know whether these were imported to the BRD from the DDR, but it looks good!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What?

Tomorrow...

Rescue.