Nachlösewagen-Fahrkartenverkauf

So what's that? When I bought my Roco 798/998 railbus set, I noticed a blue placard in one of the windows, with the words "Nachlösewagen-Fahrkartenverkauf". Google translate didn't really give a satisfactory answer, although I guessed that it related to ticket sales from the second word.

An enquiry on RMWeb got a most useful response from several fellow members, to the effect that they were used on lines with unstaffed stations without ticket issuing facilities, this meant that you could board the coach, then buy your ticket without having to pay extra; this, of course, is ideal for Schinkendorf.

I recently bought a couple of bogie Umbauwagen, with one came a transfer sheet with destination boards to fit to the moulded boards on the coach sides, among which were a pair of Nachlösewagen-Fahrkartenverkauf boards so I duly applied these to the boards on the 2nd/baggage car, so this will be an appropriate substitute for the railbus set, as well as providing extra cycle accommodation at busy times. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What?

Tomorrow...

Rescue.